|Name||AlpineQuest GPS Hiking|
|Genre||Travel & Local|
AlpineQuest is the complete solution for all outdoor activities and sports, including hiking, running, trailing, hunting, sailing, geocaching, off-road navigation and much more.
You can access and store locally a large range of on-line topographic maps, which will remain available even while being out of cell coverage. AlpineQuest also supports on-board file based maps, like QCT or OZFx2 maps.
★★ Maps ★★
- Built-in online maps (with automatic local storage; road, topo and satellite maps included) and online layers (road names, hillshade, contours);
- Get more online maps and layers in one click from the included community map list (all major worldwide maps and many local topo maps);
- Complete area storage of online maps for off-line use;
- On-board offline maps support (raster) including KMZ Overlays, OziExplorer OZFx2/OZFx3 (partly)/.map+.jpg/.png/.bmp/.gif, GeoPackage GeoPkg, MbTile, SqliteDB and TMS zipped tiles (visit our website to get MOBAC, the free map creator);
- QuickChart Memory Map support (.qct maps only, .qc3 maps not compatible);
- Built-in image calibration tool to use any scan or picture as map;
- Digital elevation model on-board storage (1-arcsec SRTM DEM) and support for HGT elevation files (both 1-arcsec and 3-arcsec resolutions) allowing display of terrain, hillshade and steep slopes;
- Multiple maps in layers display, with per-map opacity/contrast/color control;
- Advanced SD memory card Map Explorer.
★★ Placemarks ★★
- Create, display, save, restore unlimited number of items (waypoints, routes, areas and tracks);
- Import/export GPX files, Google Earth KML/KMZ files and CSV/TSV files;
- Import ShapeFile SHP/PRJ/DBF, OziExplorer WPT/PLT, Geocaching LOC waypoints and export AutoCAD DXF files;
- Save and share online locations with other users using Community Placemarks;
- Details, advanced statistics and interactive graphics on various items;
- Time Controller to replay time-tagged tracks;
- Routes, tracks and areas creator;
- Advanced SD memory card Placemarks Explorer.
★★ GPS Position / Orientation ★★
- On-map geolocation using GPS or Network;
- Map orientation, compass and target finder;
- Built-in GPS/Barometric track recorder (long tracking capable, running in a separate and light process);
- Proximity alerts and leave path alerts;
- Barometer support (for compatible devices).
★★ And more: ★★
- Metric, imperial and hybrid distance units;
- GPS Latitude/Longitude and grid coordinate formats (UTM, MGRS, USNG, OSGB, SK42, Irish, Swiss, Lambert, QTH Maidenhead Locator System, ...);
- Ability to import hundreds of coordinate formats from http://www.spatialreference.org;
- On-map grids display, full screen map view, multi-touch zoom;